For those who are missing teeth and their confidence, we invite you to consider the lasting restoration of dental implants. Implant dentistry has been proven over many years to help numerous patients gain back their smiles. Reach out to S Dental & Specialties at 201-343-8888 if you want to visit Dr. Jason Schepis for dental implants in Rochelle Park, New Jersey. We look forward to seeing you for a visit with our dentist.
Dental implants are one of the most popular and effective ways to replace missing teeth. At S Dental & Specialties, we are proud to offer our patients high-quality dental implants that can help restore their smiles.
If you are interested in learning more about dental implants in Rochelle Park, New Jersey, contact us today. We would be happy to answer any of your questions and help you decide if dental implants are right for you.
What are dental implants, and what do they do for your teeth and oral health
Titanium, a biocompatible substance that bonds with the jawbone over time, is used to make dental implants. It strengthens and stabilizes them, making them excellent for replacing lost teeth.
Implants can support dentures or bridges and replace one or more missing teeth, giving them a flexible treatment for patients who are missing teeth.
Consultation with your dentist is the initial step in acquiring dental implants. During this session, your dentist will analyze your mouth and jaw to determine that you are a good candidate for implants.
After assessing that you are a good candidate for implants, the next step is to have the implant placed. It s a minor surgical procedure that is typically done under local anesthesia.
After inserting the implant, you must wait for it to recover before placing the tooth on top. This procedure might take months.
You may anticipate having a new, fully working tooth that looks and feels just like your natural teeth once the implant has healed and the tooth is in place!
Who is a good candidate for tooth replacement in Rochelle Park, New Jersey?
Implant dentistry in Rochelle Park, New Jersey, is an excellent option for many people who are missing one or more teeth. To be a candidate for dental implants, you must have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant. You must also maintain good oral hygiene and visit your dentist regularly. If you are a smoker, you may not be a good candidate for dental implants, as smoking can decrease the procedure’s success rate. Talk to your dentist about whether dental implants are right for you.
How to care for your dental implants after the surgery
If you’re considering the replacement of a tooth in Rochelle Park, New Jersey, it’s essential to understand that the success of your procedure will largely depend on how well you take care of your implants afterward. Here are a few tips for caring for your dental implants:
- Brush and floss regularly. Just like your natural teeth, regularly brushing and flossing your dental implants is essential to remove plaque and bacteria. Be sure to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and avoid using excessive force, which can damage your implants.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking can increase your risk of implant failure, so it’s best to avoid it altogether if possible. If you can’t quit smoking, brush and floss your implants diligently to remove any residue.
- See your dentist regularly. Be sure to see your dentist or implant specialist for regular checkups and cleanings. They will be able to monitor your implants’ health and ensure they’re functioning properly.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a balanced diet is essential for overall health, but it’s imperative if you have dental implants. Eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins will help keep your gums healthy and decrease your risk of implant failure.
- Avoid hard foods. Just like your natural teeth, your dental implants can be damaged by hard foods. Be sure to cut hard foods into smaller pieces and chew slowly to avoid damaging your implants.
Permanent and hassle-free solution to missing teeth
Dental implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth. They look and feel like your natural teeth, and they can last a lifetime with proper care. If you’re considering dental implants as an option for replacing missing teeth, S Dental & Specialties is here to help. We offer quality and affordable dental implants in Rochelle Park, New Jersey, and our experienced team will work with you every step of the way to ensure you get the best possible results. Schedule a consultation today to learn more about how dental implants can improve your smile!
If you have more questions